Another little bouncer is expected to join our family at the end of September. That will make this little man #3. Having gone to midwives for both of my first two pregnancies I knew I wanted to go to one again. Christy was an obvious choice for our family. Her office is inside Ogden Regional Hospital, she is knowledgeable and experienced, she is nice and professional. Those are all obvious things about her and her as a midwife. Those are all great reasons to choose her. My criteria is a little more in-depth than choosing for obvious reasons.
Did you know she use to be a labor and delivery nurse? She is a Registered Nurse and has her MASTERS in Nursing, specializing in Midwifery. Christy is a wonderful example of someone who went above and beyond. She is not a lay midwife and that distinction should be recognized.
Here are a few reasons I have loved going to Christy:
- With a pregnancy comes lots of appointments. I have two small children already who are not going to stay well behaved for too long. They get restless, they get rowdy. At Christy’s office I have never waited more than 25 minutes to see her, and that one day that I had to wait 25 minutes, she was assisting in a c-section. I was happy to wait, especially knowing, if I happen to need a c-section, she will still be there for me!
- Closer to the beginning on my pregnancy I caught a really nasty stomach bug (I mean really horrible, up all night, I got to know my toilet intimately, stomach bug.) I texted Christy personally and asked a few questions. She responded right away and told me to come into the office for some ‘just in case’ IV fluids. I was very dehydrated and the IV fluids were wonderful! My color literally changed from the time I went into the office to the time I left. I was able to get the IV fluids I needed right in the office. Had I needed anything else Christy was right there to help. To me that experience alone was exactly how I would hope a caregiver would treat me. I feel like Christy not only cares for me as one of her patients, but also as a person.
- Every time I have an appointment, I also get an ulta sound done. At the end I will have a CD of the ulta sounds for this little life that continues to grow. I will get to remember how he grew from month to month because there it all is on a CD. I didn’t realize how rare this is until I talked to other mother’s to be. I am very happy Christy offers this.
- Everyone in the office is nice. With my son that is now 2.5 I went to 4 different midwives searching for a good fit. One of the first ones I went to had the worst office staff. Christy’s office has always made me and my family feel welcomed. Again, welcomed as a person not just a patient.
- I could probably make a very long list of the reasons I chose Christy, but this last one is where I will stop. Christy has a calm nature about her. Currently my little bun is breech and while I was very concerned about what that might mean, Christy has made me feel very at ease about it now. She is not worried about it, especially at this point in my pregnancy, and has several things in mind we can try to turn him when the time is right. I trust her and that calmness puts my mind at rest. I know she has taken very good care of me and will continue to do so.
What do/did you look for in your CNM or Dr.?